Thursday, July 28, 2011

Beginning of Year Pre-Writing Practice

Before brilliant minds came up with Pinterest I used to save all the pictures of great ideas I found. I have been scouring the internet for where this idea came from but couldn't find anything (this was from a few years ago...) so if this is yours, please leave a comment so I can give the credit to you!

These pictures are the ones I had saved (not my own!) and I put this activity in my Work on Writing Station in the beginning of the year:




I made a set of pre-writing strips based on these pictures. I hope that this is ok for me to do. After what happened with Fran, I'm really paranoid that I'm breaking blogging etiquette so let me know if this is frowned upon...(still new to this whole blogging thing!). Anyhow wanted to pass this great idea along so click on the picture to download.


Update: Thank you Barbara for finding the source of this great idea! Shelley Lovett from Childcareland came up with this and you can find it by clicking on the link and scrolling to the bottom. 

8 comments:

Emily said...

These look familiar to me, too! I think they are from makinglearningfun.com. I know they have something very similar on their website. Great idea, though. I'll have to borrow it for my kinders!!

Fran Kramer said...

This is a great idea and I do not want you to be paranoid. I love how you put them on a ring. When those 4 year olds come marching in this will keep them engaged.
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Kristin said...

What a great idea, and I love the ring to help keep everything together and tidy! Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

They are from Shelley Lovett at Childcareland. Click the URL and scroll down. I know because I use them every year in my class..they are GREAT...and she is giving them away free.
This is a wonderful time to post about them.
http://www.childcareland.com/teach2.html

Dee said...

I will be using these in my writing center at the beginning of the year, thanks! You have a great bolg, I've added you to "My Favorite Blogs" on my blog.

Take care,
Dee:)
www.OvertheMoonBow.com

Tammi said...

I love those too! I've added making a matching set for all of the letters to my to do list as well. How do you plan on using them? I am going to use them in small groups and as a free choice center so that I don't need to make a full class set.

Tammi
Having Fun K-1

Kerri Buckner said...

I like these. Thanks for sharing. I'm feeling a little paranoid about what to post too. Although I think as long as you admit you didn't come up with and try to give credit where it belongs, you're good.

Unknown said...

Money has never made man happy, nor will it, there is nothing in its nature to produce happiness. The more of it one has the more one wants. See the link below for more info.


#wants
www.ufgop.org

Post a Comment