Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Alphabet Flashcards

Click to download lowercase letters flashcards.
Click to download capital letters flashcards.


I made these flashcards to go along with our alphabet chant we do every morning (A, /a/, apple, B, /b/, bear, etc.) We usually point to the letter on a chart and say that chant but these flashcards helped tremendously with my students who had a hard time focusing on an individual letter when looking at the alphabet chart. At first I would put the letters in order, some days doing capitals, some days lowercase and then eventually I would mix up the letters. It got to where we made a game out of it to see how quickly they could name the letters out of order (I mixed the capitals and lowercase letters together). 

I gave each student their own set of flashcards (see below) to practice at home. I told them the real challenge is knowing the letter without having to look at the picture, which is why I made the puzzle lines separating the picture from the letter. They could even play a game at home matching the correct picture to the corresponding initial sound letter.


I put this in the students' take-home folders.
 



All the pictures for these letter flashcards correspond with this alphabet chart I bought:




8 comments:

Mrs.Voss said...

Thank you for the flashcards... I have so many, I collect them I guess. But yours are so cute, I could not pass them by! I am a new K teacher and a new follower, as well! Please visit my blog sometime, though I am sort of new at the blogging thing... I have posted some freebies, as well.

Thanks again! Amber Voss
http://vossvine@blogspot.com

Kristi said...

Thank you for sharing!

Sandy M.Nester said...

I happen to be writing to make you understand what a remarkable experience my wife's daughter enjoyed studying your web page. She discovered numerous pieces, which include what it is like to possess a very effective teaching nature to get other people without difficulty gain knowledge of some problematic topics. You truly surpassed visitors' expectations. Many thanks for coming up with such priceless, safe, revealing and in addition unique tips about the topic to Mary.
0.5 OZ Squat Plastic Souffle Portion Cup

Little Stars Learning said...

Judy, I just printed and downloaded your ABC chart after coming across it on Pinterest. I noticed that you don't have a logo or web address anywhere on it. To keep credit for your original products, you may want to add some identifier to your items. Love the chart and will be checking out the rest of your site. Thanks for posting!

ms. rachel said...

thanks for sharing the flashcards & charts.. i love them.. im also a K teacher and new in the blogging world.. im your newest follower, :)

♥ rachel
http://teachingmelodies.blogspot.com/

Denise said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke and Aaron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer Bearden said...

I am a 3rd grade teacher, turned kindergarten teacher! Lol! Thank you for the printables! They are great!

Post a Comment